I’ve really thought quite a bit about my goals for 2010. I’m not one for making New Years Resolutions, I prefer goals. I have some unwritten goals, you know the standard ones..lose weight blah blah blah…and continuing work on some of the goals I set in 2009. But as of 1/1/10 these are my top 6 goals for 2010.
- 10K a day—no, I don’t plan on making 10K a day, but that would be very nice too. I plan on walking 10,000 steps a day. I used the Amazon gift card from my daughter and bought a VERY nice pedometer. It arrived on 12/30 and I wore it yesterday to get a baseline of how many steps I usually walk. Even with a few stops for errands, the counter only added up to 6530 steps. So I have a challenge today and for the next 364 days…10K a day. I know I can do this.
- Flossing—don’t laugh, it’s something that I have been terrible about doing (psst don’t tell Blue Teddy) I started this goal after my last trip to the dentist. Once again, a simple goal that should be easy to achieve, it’s just making it a habit that will be the challenge but I am determined.
- Connecting with my daughters in 2010 — It’s been over a year since I’ve seen them, I miss them both and plan to cross paths with both of them in 2010. Shelly & Nathan have invited me to Hawaii to experience their life, and I plan to either fly to Ohio, or send LeighAnna a ticket to Dallas to visit me. I will make this happen.
- Try something new and/or different at least once a month — That should not be much of a stretch, my life seems to be filled with new things and new adventures. This goal is more to remind me the importance of trying new things.
- Write, Publish and see my novel in bookstores — It’s time, it’s past time to accomplish this goal. I have a book in me, it’s time to get serious and just do it.
- Start a small business — It’s clear that a few of my goals are going to require some additional funding. I’ve looked at some options and have decided to open an Etsy shop to sell some of my lovingly crafted items. I tend to think that everyone knits, everyone sews, everyone bakes and that’s just not the case. Once upon a time when I was a stay at home mom I had a wholesale craft business. I don’t plan to ramp up to that scale, but think that there’s some potential with Etsy and putting all of this social media knowledge to good use. My target opening date for the shop is 2/10/2010. I have the space on Etsy and have registered the domain name for my business: Something Special By Design. I just need to get the legal paperwork in order to do business in Texas.
Hold onto your hats, I’m about to make 2010 a banner year!
When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing, then we truly live life. —Greg Anderson
Make 2010 YOUR year. Remember to dream. And when you dream, dream BIG. —@jeffpulver
…and my favorite dream quote also courtesy of @jeffpulver