It’s New Years Eve 2009 and I find myself on the edge of 2010, knowing that the most amazing year of my life is in front of me. I have put together a list of goals, but I won’t post those until tomorrow.
It seems more appropriate to look at the goals that I made last year at this time and look to see how I did.
- What’s Cookin? My plan was to learn to cook different foods that were a bit more like my lifestyle in Texas. I didn’t meet the goal of two new things every week, but I did expand my list of recipes and tried quite a few new things.My doctor has suggested that I lean more toward the Mediterranean Diet, so my revised food pyramid should look like this. I will focus on learning, understanding, and doing this for myself. I plan to be around for a long long time, and this is part of making that happen.
- Get my financial affairs in order. I give myself a C on this on, I can do better and I will do better in 2010.
- Giving back. I linda sorta met this goal, I wasn’t able to go to DC to do the 3 Day Walk, but I did volunteer at the 3 Day Walk in Texas.
- Work skills enhancement, learn how to use Camtasia. Just under the wire I used Camtasia on a project at work this week!
- Explore Texas–see more of the state. It’s a big state, and I did see some new places, but not nearly what I would like to try to see in 2010.
- Explore some new hobbies, or fine-tune some that I enjoy now. I made a few strides in this area. I am going to count my Country Western dance lessons as win in this column.
Looking back, it was quite a year. If you would have asked me December 31, 2008 I would have never predicted all that life would toss my way in 2009. Fun, crazy, scary, exciting it was a roller coaster ride of a year. My first full year in Texas really seems to have zipped by. I’m proud of my accomplishments, and hopefully am a little smarter and learned a few lessons this year. I’ve had some terrific new friends come into my life that have added all sorts of very cool things. I look forward to getting to know them better in 2010, and spending time with friends that I know, care and love every chance that I get.
2009…it’s time for you to head out the door and make room for my great 2010.
…tomorrow…6 goals for 2010.